Bible References on Mary (help with religion asigment)?

hey guys, im doing a religion assignment. It's a 400 word essay on how "Mary is an excellent role model" part of it is to support our answers using specific Bible quotations from any of the four Gospels and Acts of the Apostles in the new testament.There's a problem though, i don't have a bible!If anyone knows good Bible passages about mary and would be able to roughly write it for me i would greatly appreciate it and best answer you =Dthanks in advance!

• Help Needed on New Testament? - Okay, so I have a paper to write for history on the new testament that has to be 3-6 pages long! Any info would help… here’s the questions that are supposed to be answered in the essay.(please site your sources)1.) What elements of society seem to be favored by Christ?2.) How did Christ in Matthew
  • Religion and sexuality? - ok i want mature answers here no homophobic crap.right if your sexuality detemines whether you are ahem ‘holy’ or a ‘sinner’ then why does the bible say that you shouldn’t judge? if god was to judge in the end then why do some (not all) christians judge others, quotes bibles and act like they are
  • Bible quotes that advise against alliances? - I’m writing an essay on military alliances and how they lead to destruction, so I’m looking for quotes (preferably from the Bible) that might possibly advise against them.I’ve never read the Bible (I’m a proud Pastafarian) so any additional info that you think might help me with this assignment is greatly appreciated.On a side note,
  • What was the purpose of the Old Testament, and the purpose of the New Testament? - I have to write an essay for R.E., and one of my points in the essay is “The Bible as a Library”. I know how to explain all the different books in each Testament, with dates and things, but I need to know what purposes each of the Testaments served.A simple explanation would be very
  • How do i begin writing my essay? - My task: Read 2 passages and then write an essay about the effects of prejudice on society as revealed in the passages. In our essay, use ideas from both passages to establish a controlling idea about the effects of prejudice on society. Cite evidence from both passages to develop your controlling idea. Show how each
  • How fast can you write an essay if it’s memorized word for word? - Around 1700-2000 words long. I’m a fast writer when I know what I’m writing about so if I know exactly what to write word for word…roughly how quick?
  • English – Animal Farm by George Orwell; Napoleon..HEEELLPPP!? - right well im in 10th grade, and i have this english essay to do about napoleon in animal farm. i dont understand any of it because i wasnt here for her lessons, and i told my teacher before we broke up for vacation, and she said i had to get on with it

6 Answers to “Bible References on Mary (help with religion asigment)?”

1. muscid says:

You can get a Bible from Jehovah’s Witnesses without charge.

2. twinkie says:

You don’t have a Bible? Ahhhhh!Visit a library and pull out a concordance and a Bible. Go to for help in your studies. You will find everything you need there.

3. nialliv says:

how can u have a religious assignment and not be enrolled in some kind of religious class and not have a bible?

4. eruditical says:

Luke 1:26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” 29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” 34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?” 35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.” 38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. 39 Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Judah, 40 and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth. 41 And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. 45 Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.” 46 And Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord, 47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.1. kept herself sexually pure 2. had faith that God could work miracles and only asked how it was going to happen not “if it could” happen like Zacharias3. willing to be someone whom people would talk negatively about in order to serve the Lord4. went to an older godly woman who had experience with an unusual birth to get counsel and support5. humbly glorified the Lord and recognized her need for a Savior

5. monitress says:

you can always go down to your local Catholic Church and they’ll give you a Bible for free.

6. bogtrotter says:

Pull up the Douey-Rheims Bible on the internet and Search Mary the Mother of Jesus. And it will give you all the info you need. In the old testament where she is refered to and the new testament. and it will explain what the passages mean. God bless you.