Weapons Used in the Holocaust?

I'm doing an essay for school about the Holocaust. My research was going pretty well until...What were the weapons used in the Holocaust. Every time I search I find things like "Are we going to have another Holocaust, and are people planning to start another Holocaust". I can't find a good answer. So, if you have any answers to my question(What were the weapons used in the 1940's during the Holocaust), please answer!

• Where can I find good essays? - I need to do an essay about the holocaust, and it’s due in tomorrow. I really don’t have the time to do it today. The essay needs to include: Info about Germany in the 1930s, and what led up to the Holocaust. Info about the Ghettos and Concentration Camps and how the Jews were treated
  • R’S: Great for trolls and dumb-dumbs, not great for good replies? - This is easily the section with the most ignorant dumb-dumbs with insufficient attention span to write more than one sentence. I’m tired of one sentence answers or things completely irrelevant to what I ask. I asked why people give one sentence answers, and one of the most thumbed up comment was “If it’s too long
  • I need to write an essay on the holocaust… HELP? - okay so it’s sort if an argumentative essay, like you have to ask a question, here are mine so far. what did Hitler do to start the holocaust?what impact did the holocaust have on the world?then write an essay about it. But I don’t really like those suggestions can anyone else help me? please I’m
  • Help with essay conclusion? - So, the essay is about why schools should not have school uniforms. It’s supposed to be directed to the principle, and I need to “offer a suggestion to fix the problem”. So pretty much, I need to find out something that will help him and other students agree on why we should not have to
  • Ok I just need to find already written essays on the Holocaust I’ll explain why.? - Okay, I have a Holocaust paper to write and she took out two really good sentences that add drama to the paper. I thought it made the paper really good. So I just need already written essays to maybe…re-word them. Yea, just re-word em’ plz help or help me re-write them urselves. Here is my
  • Research Essay help ?! ? - i am doing a research essay on iran’s nuclear program for schooli have to find a question to develop an argument about the different VP of countries on iran’s nuclear program (this is my first time doing this sooo please heeelpppp )for example :iran believes ……USA believes …… so what would be a good Question
  • Computer science schools in New England? - I’ve read through other answers on Yahoo! Answers, but I haven’t really found any conclusive answers other than UMass Amherst. As a student, I have a 3.2 GPA, an 1820 ‘superscored’ SAT (680 Critical Reading, 570 Math and 570 Writing), and my English teacher believes my essay is very well written. I wrote my common

User tags:

• weapons used during the holocaust
  • weapons used in the holocaust
  • rifles used in holocaust
  • weapons the holocaust
  • weapons used by the nazis
  • what weapons were used during the holocaust

26 Answers to “Weapons Used in the Holocaust?”

1. beknotting says:

furnaces, knives, guns

2. corduroys says:

The Holocaust was an aspect of World War 2. Hitler wanted to eradicate people he considered inferior – Jews, Gypsies, Blacks, Homosexuals and basically anyone he didn’t like. Hitler never killed any of these himself, but he had loads of followers willing to do so!The Holocaust was the rounding up of these people and the organized murder of them.Obviously nobody would have gone without a struggle so they were LIED TO!The greatest wepon of the Holocaust was the LIE!THey were told they were going to camps to work, or to special communites or better places. When they arrived it was too late and tehy were brutalized and controlled wit h guns and fear before being shot or killed with gas or exhaust fumes or chemicals or cruel medical experiments and worse.

3. preinfluence says:

Cyanide. >_<

4. unbewitched says:

Ovens for baking people to death. Gas chambers to gas them to death, bullets to shoot them, then push them into pits, alot still alive and bury them alive. Medical experiments, not weapons per say but the testing maimed, tortured and killed thousands. Bayonettes, maiming prisoners. Torture as a weapn to dehumanize and brutilize people, got enough? You did not read much did you, you need to google, and put in treatment of prisoners holocaust, have tissues near by, and expect a really bad night after reading about it. One of the biggest black marks that humans could ever do.

5. kinkle says:

Weapons for concentration camps (Holocaust) Poison Gas, Machine guns (MG – 42), guns in general, fire, starvation, torture (you may have heard of scientist experimenting on hostages)Weapons of Germans in 1940′s (during Holocaust) MP40, STG44, Mg-42, K98, Kar 98 (sniper), Luger, FG42. (all infantry weapons)

6. dashplate says:

toxic gases, ovens, knives, guns

7. rechaos says:

they burned them alive, they gassed them in chambers, they shot them, they buried them alive, they tortured them with medical experimentation, they starved them to death, they worked them to death…hope that helps.

8. girded says:

Well, do you mean in concentration camps? If so:-Gas chambers-Giant ovensIf you mean during the war than:Allies:-Thompson -M1 garand -Colt-Springfield-grenades-BARNazis-MP40-STIG-Luger-GEWEHRThese are some! Hope this helped!

9. retieve says:

showers – where they actually showered mustard gaswhich is poisonous

10. nordman says:

Well obviously guns. And knives were used.

11. obturate says:

German- Mauser 98 (bolt action rifle, 8mm mauser calibur), MP-40 (9mm sub machine gun), Luger P08 (9mm semi auto handgun), Walther P-38 (another 9mm handgun) and there are a few others i’m sure i missed out on some…US- M1 Garand (30-06 semi auto rifle), M1 Carbine (30 carbine semi auto rifle, paratroopers used them), M1911 (45 calibur handgun), M1 Thompson (45 calibur sub machine gun), M12 (12ga pump shotgun), and a few others i forgot to mention.Russian- Mosin Nagant (rifle), well i know more but i got a headache now, i hope i gave more than enough info once it comes to weapons of WW2.

12. adamiak says:

check to see if they have a holocaust museum in your area.you will learn all you need to know.or go to the library.good luck.

13. almonership says:

idk

14. governor's says:

it depends do you want german weapons?… the holocaust was more massive killings using gas chambers and fire pits…. germans used mp 40′s, stg44, mg 42, kar 98′s, gewher rifles

15. disacquaint says:

They used Lugers. But they didn’t call them lugers. They also used gas chambers. Ummm…… just watch holocaust films on YouTube. Thats where im getting these answers.

16. frowner says:

The only true weapon was a mentally disturbed dictator!

17. fshadow says:

gas chambers

18. aspiration says:

Guns-Handheld/Mounted Machine GunsGrenadesBombs/PlanesArtillery-Howitzers/MortarsGases

19. engagedly says:

[external link] b gas was used in asuwitz. it killed faster. dont forget the obvious ones.the nazis also shot the jews, burned them, bayoneted them, beat them, worked them to death, and the desease in the camps also killed the jews. these were all weapons used by the nazis.

20. corrugations says:

i’m just reading thru the other answers and well..my answer is:knives, guns, gas chambers.anything to kill a person… slowly and painfully.or quickly – guns ?mm yeah. i hope i helped. xD

21. Anatum says:

They used bullets and gaz chamber .Another distinctive feature was the extensive use of human subjects in medical experiments. German physicians carried out such experiments at Auschwitz, Dachau, Buchenwald, Ravensbrück, Sachsenhausen and Natzweiler concentration camps.[27 The Holocaust [external link]

22. McIlroy says:

tanks

23. hel-cos says:

You name it, it was used against all the people in the Holocaust

24. anacatadidymus says:

no they didnt want to waste guns and ammo so they buired them and used and gas called Hydrogen cyanide (hcn)

25. rossinc says:

It really depends on the period of the Holocaust you’re talking about. Some weapons were used through out the Holocaust, but were used more heavily in certain periods than in others. Guns were used through out, but one of the big problems the Nazis had with guns was that they were wasting ammo exterminating holocaust victims that they could use in fighting the war. So they had to find a better way than just lining folks up and shooting ‘em. That was the gas chambers. They made the victims believe they were going to take a shower only to suddenly lock them in and drop in Zyklon B, which was a cyanide based insecticide. But this doesn’t mean victims still weren’t gunned down. If they tried escaping the camps or those rounding them up you can bet they were shot dead.

26. tridimensionality says: