I need help with Macbeth?

Our teacher gave us this essay title:"Discuss how far the supernatural element in the play contribute to Macbeth's downfall"And I was going to mention the witches, and maybe the evil spirits which helped Lady Macbeth. However she gave us some points and told us to mention Lady Macbeth herself and Macbeth's own character. In my opinion Lady Macbeth and Macbeth's character are not considered as supernatural elements. Am I right or did I not understand correctly the question?Thanks :)

6 Answers to “I need help with Macbeth?”

1. rickshas says:

Macbeth by William Shakespeare was performed at the Globe Theater in 1605-06. The “Scottish” play was a calculated to be pleasing to James I, who took the throne of England after the death of Elizabeth Tudor in 1603. It was not simply that the play was set in the homeland of the Stuarts, but also that when Banquo’s royal descendants are envisioned the last of them is the new King.

2. chryselectrum says:

Say that MacBeth is not controlled by fate, but by his obsession with making fate reality. The super natural element is present with the witches try to relate it to Lady MacBeth and MacBeth.

3. floorings says:

It doesn’t matter that Macbeth and Lady Macbeth aren’t supernatural – you can still talk about how they are influenced by and affected by the supernatural elements in the play, and why they might be seeing those ‘supernatural’ things.For instance, Macbeth sees Banquo’s ghost. Macbeth isn’t supernatural, but why might a man in Macbeth’s situation start seeing supernatural beings like the ghost of a murdered man? What’s going on in Macbeth’s head that means he’s the only one who sees Banquo’s ghost at the feast?

4. rumination says:

What about the knife that appeared in front of Macbeth, guiding him to Duncan’s room? Is this a dagger which I see before me, The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee! I have thee not, and yet I see thee still. Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible To feeling as to sight, or art thou but A dagger of the mind, a false creation, Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain? I see thee yet, in form as palpable As this which now I draw. Thou marshal’st me the way that I was going; And such an instrument I was to use. Mine eyes are made the fools o’ th’ other senses, Or else worth all the rest. I see thee still; And on thy blade and dugeon gouts of blood, Which was not so before. There’s no such thing. It is the bloody business which informs Thus to mine eyes. Now e’er the one half-world Nature seems dead, and wicked dreams abuse The curtain’d sleep; witchcraft celebrates Pale Hecate’s offerings, and wither’d murder, Alarum’d by his sentinel, the wolf,

5. yuntech says:

6. anc says:

Macbeth suffers from ‘hubris,’ which one finds in mythology and spirituality all over the place. It is ultimately pride, but the way that this pride encourages a man to develop a “God-complex” relates to the supernatural. Macbeth is naturally superstitious, which is why he believes so easily in the witches. Lady Macbeth can be quite superstitious as well. Take for example her inability to kill Duncan because he is looks so similar to her father. From this, you could draw that she believes in a universal fatherly spirit.