Can i use I in this essay?

this is the prompt:do you think this is a book worth reading? justify your answer by evaluating the plot, setting, characters, conflict, and theme.does this mean i can use I in this essayand use i thinkand stuff like that?

• How do you write an essay analyzing a novels elements? - You need to read the novel and take notes whilst reading it.Elements of a novel (usually) include: Plot; Characters; Historical Setting; Geographic Setting; Writing Style; Descriptive Colouring: Sub-plots.You could further refine characters into: Protagonist; Hero(ine)(s); Villain: Incidental; Plot Device; Narrator.So you write an essay in several paragraphs each one relating to one aspect of the
  • How is the setting in To Kill a Mockingbird influence the plot of the story? - I am writing an essay and the essay topic is how the setting influences to main conflict in the story (the trial). I need someone to give me 3 specific reasons on how setting affects the plot. Please justify your 3 reason. Thanks in advance.
  • SUMMER READING: whats a movie proposal? - i need to write a movie proposal for my summer reading book. this is the instructions :five paragraph essay (12-point font, double spaced, minimum of two full pages TYPED) to a movie producer trying to convince them to make your book a movie. You have to explain why the story, characters, conflict, plot and theme
  • Dude im way to dumb to know how to do this………….. please help me? - okay so my English teacher is making me right this essay, problem is i have know idea how to write it, i reaaaaaally need someone to help me. So pleasee help. The essay is on A tale of two Cities by Charles dickens. My prompt is How is the placement of minor characters essential
  • Struggles of Harry Potter in the first book? - I have to write an in class essay about the book tomorrow. The objective is : ” Reveal a theme from your book by examining the characters overcoming ( or failing to overcome) the conflict.Is anybody willing to help?
  • What are literary devices? - I have to write this essay about how an author uses literary devices to portray her opinions…are these like plot and setting and characters….or is it more things like alliteration and allusion and metaphor?
  • Creating a thesis statement for the tell tale heart by edgar allen poe? - I have to come up with a thesis statement for this prompt on the book The Tell Tale Heart HELP! PromptThinking about the big question: Can all conflicts be resolved? As The tell tale heart reaches its climax the narrator becomes more and more nervous. In an essay respond to these questions: What internal conflict

15 Answers to “Can i use I in this essay?”

1. childliest says:

I’m pretty sure you can, because it asks your own personal opinion.

2. ritzert says:

depends what your doing it for but an essay should never have I,me or we.

3. antheming says:

You may, but why not be more creative than that such as:Because I am interested in_____________, I think this book would help to develop my interest in_______by giving me a different perspective on_________.I tend to like (drama, adventure, mystery of whatever) and I am trying this both for a (change or re-enforcement) of ______________. The characteristics are close to my familiarity of family life and reminds me of ( whatever relatives) but they are unique because__________________.The opportunity to learn from this conflict is intriguing and interesting because (I have never, or I always) _______________. I benefit from the resolution of the problem by___________. Generally the theme is generally accepted ______________________ and reminds me of ______________.Think about it. This would be a much better presentation and indicate that you consider more than what was required and drew conclusions that lead you to a decision.Reword according to what is most familiar to you, but this gives you an idea.

4. malacopterygian says:

5. doyley says:

Yes you may.Example: I believe this book was worth reading because…

6. browband says:

this is obviously an opinion-based essay. so yeah, you can talk in the first person

7. fido says:

yes you can use i but just only in as a thesis statement

8. Tiberian says:

yes.because it is asking you “do YOU THINK”

9. strayhor says:

Yes. The directive is asking your for your opinion, based upon what you subjectively believe that you understand about the read.

10. curn says:

nopee

11. Bacillariophyta says:

it would be a safer bet to use second person (i.e. We, us, etc)first person generally makes your argument seem more of an opinion than a fact/claim.

12. magnetons says:

what is the line?where would you use it?

13. squeamishness says:

In an opinion essay, you don’t really need to say “I” because it’s obvious that it’s your opinion. Don’t say “I think that the book is worth reading…” but just say “The book is worth reading.” However, if you’re going to say certain things, like “At first, I was unsure if I liked the book…” You can use ‘I’ because you’re talking about your specific experience.

14. gibber says:

I’m sure it is okay to use i think .I’ve used “i think” in several questions before and no points were taken off of my answer.

15. uncynically says: