What do you think of my essay on failure?

In times of difficulty, everyone is prone to focus on the negative aspects of their situation. When you look like a complete failure, it is easy to dwell on where you went wrong. The simple fact is that we can learn many valuable lessons from failure. The Texas Academy of Math and Science (TAMS) was one of the greatest opportunities of my life and with a great opportunity comes a great risk of failure. Unfortunately that was what happened, I failed. I feel I handled my failure in such a way that it benefited me more than if I would have stayed at TAMS. When I failed, I was forced to reexamine my goals, myself, and what I truly wanted.

• Help writing my essay!? - I’m taking an SAT summer course and my first homework is to write a two page essay on what I expect to learn in that class. So far I have this: I have very high expectations in what I would like to learn at Hulls Academy. I hope to achieve all my goals and have
  • Good conclusion? - what woul be a good conclusion for my “goals” essay MY GOALS Goals are very important to have in life. Goals are important because , they help you improve yourself, and how you are in life. Goals are what you want to improve in, or what you want to achieve. Goals help you advance in anything
  • Can somebody correct this essay in English? - This is my first time writing an essay for scholarship, I know I have a lot of mistakes. Could you please revise it and I’m not sure that should I write name of the country of my origin or not? Moreover, what else should I add and what should be the title?
  • Need to shorten my college essay (needs to be 250 words. its 280)? - Tennis, a passion and major priority of mine, is a sport that can be considered a life journey towards excellence. It is a sport where in one point one can feel on top of the world because of the manner in which he controlled the point and his opponent. The tables can turn in a
  • Can someone grade my college essay? - here is the prompt: – Describe a setback you have encountered in your life. Explain how you have handled the situation and what you have learned from it. 200 words or lessI lay sleeping on the floor between the walkway of the front door and a hallway closet on a thin foam pad, nearly forgetting
  • I need someone to proofread this for spelling and grammar!? - I am submitting an application essay to University and I need someone to make sure everything makes sense, with all the necessary conventions. Please check for spelling and grammar, and to see if it is overall appealing and distinctive. Thank you so much. It has to be 300 words, and mine is 295.As an Immigrant
  • I need a conclusion sentence for my turning point essay? - Apprehension “Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.” – Samuel Johnson A major turning point in my life that really changed my views and thoughts about things, that will forever change who I am from now until

6 Answers to “What do you think of my essay on failure?”

1. groffed says:

I think you will be OK and learn from it. It was a good essay

2. deroeck says:

Sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought and time into this. I sure hope someone who does publishing reads this. Good luck!

3. glaum says:

You have learned a valuable lesson. You seem to have weathered the storm and become a better person because of it.Congratulations on that. Your articulation of your experience was well done.Just remember that every day is a trial day. You will be tested and re-tested continuously for the rest of your life. I think that you have learned that who you are does not equate to what you do or what others think of you.If you choose, you can always allow yourself to bask in the peace and contentment of what is rather than what should or could be.

4. cfreese says:

Just one observation…on your first paragraph, the sentence “when you look like a complete failure”….somehow that does not make sense…no one “looks” like a failure…they may feel like one, or even think that they are…but to look like a failure…I am still trying to visualize that sentence…The way one reacts or respond to failure is the outcome of how we may feel…glad to know you took this experience and saw something positive in it…

5. conwath says:

I can only say, you did not fail. Congratulations and may your wants and dreams come true. Excellent essay.

6. TARSHA says:

It is a good essay. One that should be shared. The middle of your essay told me a lot- “what I truly wanted’ made the difference in what you call failure and what appears to be a change in direction. Tests, GPA’s- levels of distinction that cut off the rest of us( Oh, yea, at 49 I have been there lived that many times) are not penalties. They are no more than pointers that guide us in directions we would rather have chosen on our own, but did not know to. I had to quit a career a couple of years ago, or I was going to be fired. The pressure was enormous, the future sucked. I leapt, and took again measure of what i wanted. I had to move to a different state, uproot everything I knew of comfort.Two years later and I really enjoy where I am, who I work with and what I am doing- because my personal goals and the goals of the company I work for are closely related.Think about what you want- and understand that at times the entire world will tell you that it is the wrong thing, and there will be lots and lots of reasons to not leap.But if you dont…. you will be right back where you were before you wrote this essay.