Any good book with a hero ?

I need a good book with a hero to write an essay on heroism .

• What did Hercules do to become a hero? - I need to write a hero essay and I was given the topic of Hercules. yuck. but anyway, iv’e read the mythology book and i googled hercules and everything and i dont understand why hes such a hero. mythology and my brain do not go together. SOOO will someone please put why hercules is a
  • What is a book that clearly displays heroism in a character? - please help w/ homework, need to write 5 paragraph essay on heroism of a character from any book of your choice. Cant decide what book will be easy to write about. I’ll just spark note the suggestions I get here.
  • Help asap!plz? - i’m doing a hero essay on jeff hardy and i need to know hat some of his acomplishments are or what is a good title for a paragraph…and wat are some good reasons besides he’s a great wrestler etc. the he’s a good hero?
  • How is Iago not a tragic hero? - I have to re-write an essay I got a C- on. The essay is on Othello by Shakespeare. The prompt is “Is Iago a tragic hero?” and I chose to do that he isn’t. Since my first essay was on that he’s not a tragic hero, my rewrite has to be as well. Can anyone
  • I have to write an essay about someone who made an impact on my life. Can I tie it with who is my hero? - The essay topic is: Write an essay in which you tell us about someone who has made an impact on your life and explain how and why this person is important to you.I wanted to start off by describing the definition of a hero and tying that together with how my sister is my hero
  • Beowulf V.S. 13th Warrior essay questions? - I have to write an essay for English class, but I’m having a little trouble, I’m not sure how to start.. Here’s what I have to do:Intro: State your opinion about the success or failure of the film in addressing the Anglo Saxon heroic epic traits.Body 1: Discuss the qualities of the epic.Body 2: Discuss
  • Who is a good hero for an essay on a good hero? - Im doing an essay on a hero of 2009. Who could be a good hero? Please answer mine and I will answer yours. Thx

8 Answers to “Any good book with a hero ?”

1. dirctor says:

the bible…but you don’t have enough time!

2. dyspepsias says:

Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

3. austenite says:

Read HEROES DIE by Matthew Woodring Stover or the new series by John Ringo starting with his first book called GHOST, then KILDAR, then CHOOSERS OF THE SLAIN and the newest book I do not have yet.

4. teleophore says:

I don’t have a specific book, but one person who is a true hero…Harriet Tubman. I don’t know what level of book you need, so I’ve just put a link to Amazon and Harriet Tubman books. She was amazing. She was hit on the head as a girl (age 12) when she wouldn’t move out of the way of a white man going after a slave that had run into a store (and she refused to help.) This affected her later – she would pass out without warning (I know I read that somewhere. Not sure which book.) But it never stopped her.As a conductor on the Underground Railroad, she was something else. One thing that has stuck with me is the fact she would threaten any runaway slaves with death if they started acting like they wanted to turn back. If they were dead, they couldn’t give the others away, right?The other link is the first one when I searched on Yahoo for some of her history. Amazing, not just as a runaway slave, but as a woman as well. We’re talking the 1800s. Very strong and determined.

5. homagers says:

The best hero of all – Don Quixote. Pax- C.

6. ridgil says:

David Gemmel wrote books with heroes that are actually good guys, a rare thing in fantasy these days. Try “Legend” starring Druss the Legend.

7. rawhider says:

1984. He kinda goes down in the end though.

8. bandel says:

Any Sherlock Holmes book, a true hero, he sacrificed so much of life for the good of London, and devoted every waking moment to stopping evil.