I have to write an essay as if i were in that time period persuading the american public not to enter WWII. This was before Pearl Harbor mind you. what would a good thesis be or how would i even justify it?

• Need ideas to write about key events/important events in American history? (give a list)? - I have a history project that I’m suppose to write an essay for any 3 events in American history. What are some good topics to write about? I know there must be a lot, but I want a wide list to choose from. Events such as 9/11, Pearl Harbor, the American Revolution, Civil Rights Movement,
  • Proper Abbreviation for The United States of AMerica? - Im writing a 10 page essay on the Attack of PEarl Harbor. I do not know which form to mention the USA in. If anyone knows please help, I believe its United States. But cant be too sure
  • Help me with this essay? - I need to write about 3 events in history that have had a major impact on the world…but i dont know how to start my essay.Here are my options:-WW1-WW2-Pearl Harbor-Holocaust-Dropping of A-bomb-Industrial Revolution-Vietnam WarWhat 3 do u think are most important and why?THANKS
  • Can you check my essay and tell me if its okay? (Symbolism)? - While reading The Pearl and The Old Man and the Sea, I noticed a lot of symbolism between the two books. By recognizing the symbols, I was able to create a deeper understanding of the books, and be able to connect the symbols with reality. I decided to compare the use of the symbols, and
  • I have to write a 5 paragraph persuasive essay please help? - I have to write an essay persuading someone to live in Cahokia mounds (when there were actually indians living there) Im trying to write my thesis statement but i can’t think of any good points. any ideas?
  • Would someone please give me their opinion on my essay? Is not a long essay? - This was the question i hade to write an essay about: “Does the end justify the means?” You take a given situation and weight the pros and cons of one course of action over another, and the one with more pros is justified. If the mean employed will accomplish what we have in
  • Can someone read my essay and give suggestions please? - nominious stare” on the scaffold at the beginning of the novel, it also symbolizes the cruel public exposure of private sins and the means of redemption through confession. Even though the scaffold represents sin it later evolves to into a place of unity where Hester Prynne, Reverend Arthur Dimmesdale, and Pearl are able to

10 Answers to “How could i justify the isolationist position that the U.S. should not enter WWII?”

1. blacktree says:

Well the most obvious would be that it just was not our business , we were not being attacked

2. limonene says:

That seems hard to pull off. But you could argue that America got nothing out of joining the Allies/Entente in WWI.

3. cetomorphic says:

Many of those adults that were alive during WWII were around during the Civil War and WWI. After WWII a million U.S. soldiers died during their life time and the Cold War was heating up. So seeing two big wars in the past made them nervous about a large upcoming war.

4. twink says:

easyWorld War Onethat was a HUGE justification for staying out of Europe’s problems.

5. undeckt says:

Well I would study what the history books have to say about the social and economic conditions at that time. Look at speeches form political leaders. Basically I am saying if I were you I would do my own research.

6. encumbers says:

Take a look on-line at all the anti-Iraq-war sites. The same argument applies…it’s not our problem; it’s a war without end; we are loosing our service members for nothing; it costs too much..Or you could google Americans protest U.S. involvement with WWII…Good luck and God speed.

7. finnbsc says:

That nations like France would still hate us even if we liberated them.

8. writted says:

I don’t know that you could make this argument, at least not one that would have lasted for any length of time.What most people don’t seem to know is that there were demonstrations by Americans protesting WWII prior to our involvement. Agreed, it was a conflict that did not involve us, although it did tend to threaten a great number of our world wide interests.Prior to our entrance into the war, Americans were seeing the rise of the German-American Bund within the states and Hitler was beginning to gain favor with a number of Americans, not only German-Americans. Even without the attack on Pearl Harbor, our country would most likely have been drawn into the war to assist England, which was putting up a tremendous fight against the Germans during the Battle of Britain. Eventually, had Germany conquered England, their very next step would have been the United States. Essentially, I believe the isolationist movement prior to our entry into the war was short sighted and ultimately would have caused us more harm than good.

9. droopys says:

The prevailing opinion at that time (I believe 90% of the American public) did NOT favor entering the war. The justification is simple: Why lose American lives and money over a war-torn continent that never seems to get along? What do we have to gain?However, obviously, that attitude changed on Dec 7, 1941.

10. ergot says:

Name your thesis”Its Europe’s War”. My mother who lived during that time has told me that the country was very fractured like it is now, and that the country was still digging itself out of the depression so most Americans didn’t care what was going on in Europe. Of course it was that attitude that caused the damn war in the first place.